Don’t Let Your Actions Define The Outcome Of Your Future. Fight Back.

Des Moines Lawyer for Modifications

Polk County Child Support Modification Attorney

While your divorce settlement may seem final, your life circumstances can change. At such times, you may not understand your rights to modify your agreement. You need an experienced family lawyer who can help you understand your options to obtain a divorce modification.

If you are seeking to modify or enforce your divorce settlement, child custody and support agreements, you want a lawyer who understands Iowa family laws and how they may affect your case. Attorney Timothy M. Duffy, the founder of Timothy M. Duffy, P.C., in Des Moines, has more than 25 years of experience representing families throughout central Iowa. He can help you determine the right way forward to achieve your goals.

Modifying Custody, Child Support and Alimony

To obtain a divorce modification, you must demonstrate that a significant change in circumstances has occurred. Common situations the court will consider include having your wages cut back, complete job loss or relocation for a new job opportunity. In all cases, the court will act in what it believes to be the best interests of the children.

As your advocate, Mr. Duffy can help you gather the necessary documentation and develop a compelling argument as to why you deserve to modify your agreement. He handles every aspect of your case himself and always responds to questions within 24 hours.

Modification also runs both ways — if you were originally denied child custody or visitation due to allegations of domestic assault or alcohol and drug abuse, you may be able to modify that order if you demonstrate that you have completed counseling or other rehabilitative programs and turned your life around. Attorney Duffy can help you compile the necessary evidence to build a strong claim in your defense.

Child Support or Alimony Enforcement

If your former spouse is not paying child support or alimony, or has failed to comply with your custody agreement, you can take legal action to enforce your rights. Attorney Duffy will aggressively seek to hold your former spouse accountable to your agreement, protecting your rights throughout the process.

Call for a Free Consultation

Contact our office today to discuss your rights with an experienced Des Moines attorney for modification and enforcement. You can reach us at 515-346-6619 during regular business hours or via e-mail at any time. We take most major credit cards and offer payment plans for your convenience.